These gummies are as good as it gets when it comes to a healthy snack option and a perfect substitute to bone broth for fussy little ones. Rich in amino acids, antioxidants and full of gut healing nutrients to give your body exactly what it needs to support gut integrity, nutrient absorption, decrease inflammation and promote strong bones, hair and nails.
Want to know more about the benefits of gelatin? Find out more here.
- 400ml coconut cream, canned
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 cups organic frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Melrose Essential Reds
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Heat coconut cream and rice malt syrup in a small pot over a low heat and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and add half of the gelatin to the pot, stirring well until dissolved.
- In a blender, combine mixed berries, boiling water and vanilla and blend until combined. Add Melrose Essential Reds and the remainder of the gelatin. Blend for another minute until smooth and dissolved.
- Pour the coconut cream mixture into the lined tray, followed by gently pouring (in a swirling motion) the berry mix on top. You can use the tip of a wooden skewer to create more swirls by placing it in the mixture and moving it in different directions.
- Place it in the fridge for at least an hour to set. Slice into squares and enjoy!
- These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.