This has become a weekly staple of ours, and especially because Grace, 3 and Rose, 1 absolutely love it [there’s no cooking multiple meals in my house!]. It’s such a great way to get quality protein, bone broth and resistant starch in to the whole family. You can even sneak your liver powder in here too. Enjoy.
Simple Beef Stroganoff
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or grass fed ghee
- 700g grass fed beef, sliced into strips
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef bone broth or organic stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut cream, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh parsley or chives, for garnish
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil (or ghee) in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add beef in a single layer, season and cook for 3-5 minutes or until beef has browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add remaining oil, followed by onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion and mushrooms have softened.
- Combine beef broth, tomato paste and flour in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the frying pan and bring mixture to a boil before adding the cooked beef, coconut cream, mustard and lemon, stir well to combine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the meat is heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve alongside cauliflower rice or resistant starch rice and enjoy!
Recipe developed and images shot by Elyse Lagos, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer.