I wanted to provide you with a sneak peek of what you’ll find in my upcoming book, Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition. Cookbooks are great, but when they contain complex recipes, each with twenty or more ingredients, they just end up collecting dust in my house. Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition is more than just a cookbook, but all of the recipes can be made even by the most novice cook. To me, food can be simple, nutrient dense and delicious. I hope you enjoy my Steak with Beetroot & Orange Salad, it’s a real crowd pleaser.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 bunch baby beetroots, trimmed and quartered
- 3 oranges (2 zested & sliced, 1 juiced)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste60g rocket leaves
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 60g goat’s feta
- 2 x 120g grass-fed beef eye fillet steaks
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, toss beetroot with the orange zest, juice of 1 orange and 1 tablespoon oil. Season well with salt and pepperand spread on the baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until beetroot is tender.
- Segment the remaining 2 oranges into slices.
- Place beetroot, orange slices, rocket and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss gently with remaining oil and sprinkle with feta.
- Season steak with salt and heat a barbeque grill. Cook for 4 minutes each sideor to your liking. Remove from the heat and serve with the Beetroot & Orange Salad.