This Zucchini Pesto “Pasta” recipe has become my go to for lunches or on the nights when I’m home late after seeing clients. It is super quick to make, contains a good serving of protein and fats and is delicious. I will often mix it up with different vegie noodles depending what I have on hand.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g chicken thighs, free range, diced
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chilli, deseeded & finely diced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 zucchinis, spiralised
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked for 4–6 hours then drained
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon, juiced (or more to taste)
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until combined and smooth. Reserve 2–3 tablespoons and store the rest in an airtight glass container in the fridge for 5–7 days.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and melt the coconut oil. Add garlic and chilli and sauté for 1 minute, or until golden.
- Add chicken and sauté for 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Add cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons pesto, and stir through.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauté for 3–4 minutes. Season well and serve with an additional tablespoon of pesto.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.