Who doesn’t love banana bread? Keeping in line with TNN traditions (more about that here), I have created this Super Easy All Natural Banana Bread. I have only made it once, so I can’t offer substitutions as yet, but please feel free to try different nut flours as you wish*. As always, choose your sugar free substitution wisely. As you may have noticed, rice malt syrup is my definite favourite – read more on why here.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 4 eggs, free range
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed**
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add to the dry mix with oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
- Add mashed banana and combine well.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until it passes the skewer test.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. This should make 12 slices and freeze well. Delicious served warm with a touch of organic butter. Enjoy!
*Unfortunately you can’t substitute coconut flour 1:1, but 2 cups of almond flour + ½ coconut flour will definitely work. Read more on why here.
**The more overripe bananas are, the sweeter they become (as the starch turns into simple sugars). You may find 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup enough if your bananas are extra ripe.