Gluten free and low fructose, these Gluten Free Energy Bars are the perfect training snack. Ideal for a long ride, fantastic before an afternoon session and a must for your event bag so you refuel efficiently post-race. Not in training? That’s ok! These are perfect as a natural pick-me-up, so you’ll have no need for the vending machine or office lolly jar with one of these in your top drawer. Perfect with a cup of tea at 3pm.
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup craisins, diced
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons gluten free plain flour, optional
- Cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- Combine puffed rice, almonds, seeds and craisins in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, heat equal amounts peanut butter and rice malt syrup on a very low heat until melted through. Take off heat.
- Into the saucepan, add the dry mix and stir until combined. If necessary, add the gluten free flour and combine thoroughly.
- Spread into a greased shallow baking tray or bread tin and press down to pack tightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until browned on top. You may like to finish off under the grill.
- Cool and then using a sharp knife, slice into 10-12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Enjoy.