Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and realise that if you support both your immune system and your nervous system, it’s unlikely you’ll get sick. I’m not scared about the corona virus, I’m healthy, robust and support my health with every decision I make.
Inside of stocking up on toilet paper, here’s what else you can do:
- Eat a whole food, plant predominant diet with vitamin C from berries, citrus fruits and dark leafy greens.
- Add raw garlic, such as in a salad dressing – it’s one of the best antimicrobials there is!
- Support your gut (where 80+% of your immune system lies) with probiotic rich foods such as fermented vegetables or coconut yoghurt that contains live cultures. My favourite is Kultured Wellness. I also personally add collagen powder every day to an MCT Coffee or smoothie.
- Take extra vitamin C, especially if you are exposed to unwell people or have to travel. I love Melrose Health Essential C + Immune – read more about the ingredients here (or their Vitamin C + Bioflavonoids if you are pregnant).
- Breathe. A stressed nervous system will suppress your immune system and increase your susceptibility. Take three of your deepest belly breaths right now and notice how different you feel. Learn more about the impact of stress here.
- Nourish your nervous system with herbs such as ashwagandha or medical mushrooms such as reishi. I adore Superfeast.
- Turn off the news and unfollow any fear-based accounts you currently follow on social media. It’s not ignorance, it’s choosing what you are exposed to every moment of your day.
What will you do to protect yourself today?