Speaking of low iron, one of my favourite nutritional focuses is ensuring a regular intake of organ meats for their pre-formed vitamin A [amongst other nutrients]. Try this Shepherd’s Pie with Vegie Mash – I’m very confident that your loved ones will love this meal, and they’ll have no idea how many nutrients you’ve packed in. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g Vegie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 60g grass-fed butter
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Steam the sweet potato and cauliflower florets until soft. Mash with the butter and a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Transfer Vegie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce to a 18cm-baking dish, spreading until level.
- Gently spoon the mash over the top and press firmly until even.
- Bake for 20 minutes and finish under the grill so the top is crispy and brown.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe, learn more here..
Image shot by Elyse Lagos from Captured Wellness.