This pancake stack is not only packed full of protein and healthy fats to keep you going all morning but also has the benefit of added phytonutrients such as chlorophyll, carotenes, folate, vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre with the addition of Melrose Essential Greens!
Add this to your repertoire after training for the perfect natural replenishment or as your new favourite sweet brunch without the side of guilt attached. With a few easy tweaks, you can easily keep pancakes in your breakfast rotation.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Melrose Essential Greens
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- Handful of blueberries
- In a bowl, mash banana thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs and add to banana along with the milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder and Melrose Essential Greens to the wet mixture. Stir to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat and scoop pancake mixture to create your desired pancake size. Flip once bubbles form and begin to pop.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt, berries and a drizzle of rice malt syrup.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.