Introducing my new favourite breakfast. It’s packed full of protein – an ideal way to start your day or re-fuel post-exercise. The great thing about it is that you can make it as high or as low energy as you like. Omit the banana and rice malt syrup to keep your sugars low, or include these after training for the perfect natural replenishment. A big thank you to Katee P for the inspiration.
- 2 eggs, free range
- 100ml almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- Cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, for cooking
- 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 handful coconut flakes
- ½ banana, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add protein powder and carefully stir until fully combined. This may take a little TLC, but it’s worth it.
- Pour onto a large pan heated with coconut oil. Leave on a low heat for a couple of minutes and then turn up the heat to ensure it cooks through.
- Flip and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Place pancake on your plate and add yoghurt, berries, coconut flakes and banana. Top with rice malt syrup and cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy. You can either roll into a crepe or serve open faced. Delicious.
* If you don’t have protein powder – use 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon of coconut flour and 1 teaspoon of raw cacao. Yum!