I have been thinking about making almond milk for months. I’ve seen plenty of recipes using cheese cloths and nut milk bags, but to be honest, this put me off. I’m a minimalist. And I bet you don’t own a cheese cloth either. So here it is – I promise it is so easy you too will wonder why you haven’t tried sooner.
- 1 cup almonds
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Soak the almonds for at least six hours in one cup of water.
- Drain and rinse the almonds and blend with four cups of water.
- Add the rice malt syrup and cinnamon and blend again.
- Pour through a strainer into a large bowl. I covered mine and let it sit overnight to ensure the maximum liquid yield. You should get 600ml or more.
- Pour into a tightly sealed bottle and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Save your pulp – we are going to turn this into Super Easy Almond Flour!