My Super Easy Almond Milk recipe can be used to make any nut milk. But this is my absolute favourite. Perfect for smoothies, lattes, porridge, granola… and all it takes is a minute of forward planning. Read more about why coconut is so good for you here.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Soak coconut overnight in one cup of water.
- Blend the entire soaked mix with four cups of water.
- Add the rice malt syrup and cinnamon and blend again.
- Pour through a strainer into a large bowl.
- Pour milk into a tightly sealed bottle and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Save your pulp – it’s fantastic to add to smoothies, granola, fresh fruit and yoghurt, or my Low Carb Raspberry & Coconut Muffins. So simple, cost-effective, and resourceful!
To make your own coconut flour using your pulp, simply follow my Super Easy Almond Flour recipe – it can be used for any nut flour!
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.